Wednesday, September 26, 2012

RSS Reader

RSS reader is a great way to keep on top of current issues and news in nursing and education. Prior to  using RSS reader, I rarely searched the internet for news related to the topics that are associated with my current profession as a nurse. It can be exhausting to search and read article after article. RSS reader pulls all of this together. I have subscribed to nursing blogs, educational websites, and health blogs. The news that I want to read about comes right to me and it is all in the same place. I am finding many resources I can use for teaching but also in my practice as a nurse.

During clinical, I try to correlate an activity with topics the students are covering in class. One activity examines stress and how it affects the body. The students look at their stress as well as the stressors of their patients. After our discussion on stress, we pinpoint ways to decrease stress. I found an article from my RSS reader that I will be able to use to augment the discussion.

In addition, I have found articles that relate to my capstone project, which I am currently working on. For my capstone project I am examining the transition into nursing practice. Overall, it is a quick an easy way to have the most current news, filtered for the topics I am interested in reading about.

No comments:

Post a Comment